Monday, October 16, 2006

The way to have a lot to say.....

is to forget you have a blog again for a few weeks!

I will even attempt to overcome my bloggerphobia by adding photos to the inevitable screed of text. (Which will have to be grammatically correct as I got a bit of a write up over at Beth's blog and now I have a rep to live up to!! LOL)

Hmm....where to start.....good news or bad news.....

Good news...September was a big scrapping month for me! I entered 3 comps on three sites I visit and I won all three!!!


This was my entry to the sketch challenge at Memory Bugs. It was a 12x12 sketch, but I am really enjoying the smaller size since starting the Everyday Moments Comp and I might stick with it for a while. And for Beth - more dodgy scanning from Kath's House of Ordinary Use of Technology!!!LOL




This one was in the monthly comp at Strictly Scrapbooking (Go Linda!!!)We took Georgia to the Wiggly Play Centre last year and just happened to arrive on a day when they had a Dorothy Dance Party which was the highlight of her little life!



And last but not least the scenic Route challenge at Scrap World! This was one of my celebration pages for the EDM comp as well - just a little bit of layout multitasking! edited to say - so of course you can't read the journalling, which helps it all make a bit of sense! It reads.."When you fell in the pool at your first 'solo' swimming lesson I was terrified - until you turned around and grabbed the wall! Thank goodness for thise swimming lessons!"

All right - bragging session complete! Sorry about that but it was a bit of a thrill for me to have such a lot of success at one time!

Bad news time....seven and a half weeks later i am STILL in plaster! And still off work with the sick leave running out. I went to the fracture clinic at the hospital 2 weeks ago, expecting to lose the plaster, but the doc decided to keep it on for two more weeks, then keep me non-weightbearing for two more weeks after that until they take the pins out of my ankle. Then I get to start learning to walk agai.

As I was kind of expecting to have 6 weeks where I had a bit more mobility between plaster off and surgery, this was quite a blow. I had planned a few activities in that time (stupidly I guess, but I was going off what they told me originally) and now I won't be able to do any of them. No Paper Arts at Penrith this year...

Oh well.. could be worse I suppose....I have 3 online gift vouchers to spend!!LOL

Well..I imagine any blog readers I have left have probably given up by now so I will sign off for today.

Until the next time I remember.....see you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home