Monday, August 14, 2006

Lucky

After last week's blah I decided to think about something a bit happier.....

I think I am actually very lucky...I love my job. Sure sometimes it absolutely sucks and I get over it but deep down I LOVE it!! I get to make a difference in kid's lives every day - I watch them as the knowledge clicks and they realise they they can read, or count by 2s or write their own story or whatever and it is so powerful to see. I love the look in a child's eye when they have struggled and struggled with a new concept and then the cloud lifts and it becomes clear to them.

I love that my kids value me as a person in their lives - remember I teach 5 and 6 year olds!!- and that I can watch them grow and develop and encourage them on the way.

And because I have taught in the same school for so long I REALLY get to see them grow.. from Kindy to Year 6 and into high school and I am really proud of the people that I have helped produce.

So even though I have the odd blah week - it's actually a pretty good gig!!

So maybe I can get up and do it all again tomorrow!!!

1 Comments:

At 10:22 pm, Blogger BethJ said...

You would have to be one of the most valuable person in their lives Kath - you are doing a great job for the community - and just think - Little Miss G will be one of those in 2 1/2 years time!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home